Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Picture this...

From what I understand from reading the blogs of other people, there comes a point in every blogger's "career" where passion either wanes or material runs dry and so ensues the obligatory "picture blog." Don't worry, my passion and inspiration for writing haven't shriveled up and died in the Sri Lankan sun; I guess the time is just right to let the pictures do the talking. Enjoy!



Some of the scenery in and around Kandy/tea plantation/one of the many huge buddhas that sit high up on the hills


My surfing trip to the beautiful, sleepy town of Arugam Bay


Some of the neighborhood kids/my Sri Lankan family/ my first coconut


Boys dorm at Home of Hope/Home of Hope Kids


Lion guarding ancient ruins at Pollonaruwa/motorbikes: room for the whole family/somehow I managed to sneak into a Buddhist wedding...

I guess to see the rest of my pics you will just have to come visit me when I come back to Canada in March! Yes...March...I got my visa extended last week, so it is official: no snow for Christmas :(

4 comments:

Dad said...

David, very nice pictures, well composed and interesting; not the typical touristy type shots.

Rach! said...

Hey Dave!
It's nice to see the some of Sri Lanka! Keep the pics coming! It looks like a wonderful place!

Val Wynder said...

hey dave,
we really miss you! I am always excited to read your posts, this is the only blog i've ever followed in my life.... Glad you are learning and stretching.... nice photos. see you in march, do you know what comes next for you?

Val

Tammy said...

Hey Dave,
I was just thinking about you and wanted to say hi. I just got back from watching the Christmas musical and buying a couple of items at the craft sale. Caronport looks like a wintery wonderland right now and tonight it was cold out, but pretty! I just have one paper left and then it's time for exams.

It is interesting how where we grew up affects how we live and our view of the world, hey? I really admire your willingness to allow this experience to change you. I hope you make some really great memories in Sri Lanka this Christmas.

Many blessings on you! :)
Tammy